The business name is the key to your success! How to choose a business name that fits just right? Here are 5 questions you need to ask yourself!
For your business partners, for your customers, and for the people around you, your business name is the key to building a successful brand image. Your business name should be appropriate, unique, likable, and memorable.
Before you pick a random name for your business company, ask yourself these 5 questions:
- What type of small business name do you want – Do you want to use your personal name? Do you want a unique name? Do you want a funny name? Determine your needs and know exactly what type of small business name you want to use. There are different types of names available – an alphabet name, a geographic name, a descriptive name, a borrowed-interest name, a fabricated name, and etc.
- Is the name you want short and easy to say? Read the name out loud and then ask others to read it as well. Do they pronounce the name right? Does it work well in a normal conversation? Use the name in a sentence and see how it sounds.
- Is the name original – Before you decide to use a certain name, make sure to look up the name online and see if there are other companies that have sound-alike names.
- Is the name unconventional – As you probably know, finding available and good business names is not easy at all and sometimes choosing an unusual name is for the best. If you decide to use an unusual name, make sure to find one that is not complicated or too difficult to remember. Foreign words fall into this category and sometimes they are a good choice.
- Are you ready to commit to this small business name – This is the final question you need to ask yourself – Can you imagine yourself using this name in 5 or 10 years? If you’ve determined that you and other people can spell the name, remember it, say it, and relate well to it, it is time to register the name. You can register the name in your state and if you want, you can file for a trademark. Also, it is recommendable to secure a domain name at the same time you are registering the business name.
Once you’ve picked a name, create a professional logo, and you are ready to launch your small business.
— Marketing Tools 365 (@MktgTools365) 30 de noviembre de 2017
More topics about Logo Maker Software that you can see here